- Justice Society of America: Times Past, 1948: Trail of the Ruby, Chapter 1: The Ritual (Dick Swift guest stars via flashback in 1850)
- Justice Society of America: Times Past, 1942: The Man Who Fell to Earth, Chapter 2: Paladin of Light (Starman guest stars)
- All-Star Squadron: Times Past, 1942: Gender Gasp (Starman and Doris Lee guest star) CHAPTERS
- All-Star Squadron: Times Past, 1942: Funny-Paper Love (Starman guest stars) CHAPTERS
- Starman: Times Past, 1945: Nuclear Furnace, Prologue: The Project (Starman guest stars via flashback in 1942)
- Starman: Times Past, 1945: Nuclear Furnace, Chapter 1: Wrath of the Aryan Flame (Starman guest stars via flashback in 1943)
- Starman: Times Past, 1945: Nuclear Furnace, Chapter 2: Campus Battlefield (Starman guest stars via flashback in 1943)
- Starman: Times Past, 1945: Nuclear Furnace, Chapter 3: Atomic Weapons (Starman guest stars via flashback in 1943)
- DC Universe: Times Past, 1943: The Space-Time Gambit, Book 1, Chapter 5: Three Artifacts (Starman guest stars)
- Justice League of America: Times Past, 1975: The Forgotten Crisis (Starman guest stars on Earth-1 via time travel from 1943 to 1975)
- Justice Society of America: Times Past, 1943: Woman Trouble (Doris Lee, Starman, and Woodley Allen guest star)
- Justice Society of America: Times Past, 1943: Society Girls (Doris Lee and Starman guest star)
- The Brave and the Bold: Doctor Mid-Nite and the Sandman: Times Past, 1943: Assignment: London, Chapter 1: The Fog of War (Starman guest stars)
by Dan Swanson
published August 7, 2004
Long before she went to journalism school or became a reporter, young Lily DeLuna was a professional baseball player in the women’s league during the summer season, and a shipyard worker the rest of the year. But as she takes a restful break at the end of the very long summer of 1943, Lily gets caught up in not one but two major mysteries involving new super-villains! Introducing the Oculist! And featuring the first appearance of the Sportsmaster before he hit the big time!
- All-Star Squadron: Times Past, 1944: Crisis at the Cotillion (Doris Lee and Starman guest star)
- Justice Society of America: Times Past, 1944: The Incredible Mister Horrific (Doris Lee and Starman guest star)
- Starman: Times Past, 1948: Give Up the Stars (Doris Lee guest stars via flashback in 1945)
by Dan Swanson
published April 30, 2004
In this unconventional look at the career of Ted Knight, alias Starman, Ted struggles with misgivings about his involvement in the Manhattan Project and the development of the atomic bomb. Even if the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki were justified in the long run, will the ghosts of the irradiated dead haunt Starman forever? And will Ted Knight’s mental state be able to withstand the guilt he feels when confronted with literal atomic zombies partly created from his own research? Guest starring Johnny Quick, Captain Triumph, Wonder Woman, Amazing-Man, Mister Terrific, and Doctor Mid-Nite!
- Starman: 1945: Nuclear Furnace, Chapter 16: Origin of the Atomic Zombies (Doris Knight and Starman guest star via flashback in 1946)
- Starman: 1945: Nuclear Furnace, Epilogue: The Tipping Point (Doris Knight and Starman guest star via flashback in 1946)
- Stars and Sliders: Slide Heil, Chapter 2: Starman’s Darkest Days (Doris Knight and Starman guest star in flashback in 1947)
- Justice Society of America: Times Past, 1948: Trail of the Ruby (Shade guest stars)
published July 6, 2000
An old enemy of Hourman sets a gauntlet of super-villains to run him ragged in Baltimore before he’s finally killed! But the odds are evened when Starman in nearby Opal City is tipped off anonymously by the Shade! Can the man of the hour and the astral avenger defeat nine powerful foes over the course of one hour, when both of them have been inactive for years?
by Dan Swanson
published February 19, 2004
After his promise to retire three years earlier, Ted Knight’s sudden return as Starman alarms his wife, Doris. Now, for the first time, Ted learns the reason behind his wife’s desire for Starman to remain retired, when she tells him about the time in 1945 that Doris Lee received a message from the future from Doris Knight!
- The Brave and the Bold: Lois Lane and Liberty Belle: Times Past, 1948: Women of Journalism (Lily DeLuna guest stars)
by Dan Swanson
published May 29, 2004
Three years after Starman’s retirement, a new hero flies the skies over Opal City! But who is the alien super-hero known as Vic Valor, and why is he here? Reporter Lily DeLuna, finding both glaring omissions and outright lies in Valor’s story, makes it her mission to find out the truth! Meanwhile, Doris Knight begins to have her own suspicions about her husband Ted Knight — could the former Starman be connected to Vic Valor in some way? You won’t want to miss the shocking fate of Vic Valor when he takes on the fearsome Xenon, only to discover that the new villain is actually one of Starman’s close friends! Guest starring Green Lantern and Doctor Mid-Nite!
by Dan Swanson
published June 1, 2004
Can Ted and Doris Knight use what they know about Vic Valor’s encounter with Doctor Doog’s Destructo-Ray to save the life of the Starman of an alternate timeline?
by Dan Swanson
published January 5, 2007
In the aftermath of Vic Valor’s last adventure, reporter Lily DeLuna has an adventure of her own while investigating political corruption in Opal City! Her witnessing a fateful meeting between crime lord Boss Neuertski and City Councilman John Ross puts her life in danger, which is made even worse when she finds that her own editor has sold her out to the Mob! Can Lily discover the true identity of the long-retired Starman and enlist his help in learning the secrets of Xenon’s power rod before mobsters can silence her for good? Guest starring Captain Triumph and Starwoman, and featuring the return of the Reverse Golden Age Flash, the Rival!
by Dan Swanson
published September 15, 2005
After a night on the town, Ted Knight heads off to bed. So when an emergency strikes Opal City Electric’s power plant, Doris Knight and Lily DeLuna decide against waking the retired Starman, reasoning that they can team up to take care of this problem themselves! But will even the abilities granted them by the gravity rod and the power rod be enough when they are met in battle with the robot from the future known as Mekanique?
- Showcase: Miss Terrific: The Return of Madame Mayhem, Chapter 1: Suspended in Foam (Starman guest stars via time travel in 1950)
- Secret Origins: The Goon (Shade and Starman guest star via flashback in 1952)
- The Brave and the Bold: Black Canary and Starman: Times Past, 1965: Wings and Stars, Chapter 1: The Affair (Starman guest stars via flashback in 1964)
by JSAGL, with Martin Maenza, partially adapted from The Brave and the Bold #61 and #62 by Gardner Fox and Murphy Anderson
published October 4, 2001
The team of Starman and Black Canary in the mid-1960s was a memorable one, but why was it so short-lived? As the second Black Canary recalls her mother’s adventures with the Starman of Earth-Two, she also remembers how close Dinah Drake Lance was with Ted Knight, and how their ill-advised affair shaped their lives for years to come.
- All-Star: Times Past, 1969: Aquarius Redux, Chapter 1: Astro Smash (Starman guest stars)
- The Brave and the Bold: Black Canary and Starman: Times Past, 1965: Wings and Stars, Chapter 2: Blackmail (David Knight, Doris Knight, Jack Knight, and Starman guest star via flashback in 1969)
- All-Star: Times Past, 1969: Aquarius Redux (Starman guest stars)
- Justice Society of America: Times Past, 1972: Time, See What’s Become of Me? (Starman guest stars)
- The Flash: Times Past, 1973: The Family Business (Starman guest stars)
- Starman: Stars Be My Destiny, Book 1: Sins of the Father (Doris Knight and Jack Knight guest star via flashback in 1974) CHAPTERS
- Justice Society of America: Times Past, 1977: The Man from Atlantis (Starman guest stars)
- Justice Society of America: Times Past, 1978: The Redundant Rogues (Starman guest stars)
- Justice Society of America: Times Past, 1978: Watch the Skies (Starman guest stars)
- Secret Origins: The Goon (David Knight, Jack Knight, and Starman guest star via flashback in 1980)
Late 1985 to 1986
- DC Universe: Crisis on Infinite Earths: The Villain War, Chapter 10: Greenhouse Effect (Starman guest stars)
- DC Universe: Crawling from the Wreckage, Book 1: Crisis Aftermath (Maximillian Arturo, Shade, and Starman guest star) CHAPTERS
A Crawling from the Wreckage crossover
published January 11, 2000
What if you could find brand new worlds right here on Earth, where anything is possible — same planet, different timeline? That is the question Ted Knight, alias Starman, must face when he finds the gateway and accompanies a group of Sliders to visit unknown alternate timelines. But where does that leave his sons, David and Jack?
- Liberty Belle: The Stars Above (Jack Knight guest stars) CHAPTERS
- DC Universe: Crawling from the Wreckage, Book 4: Twilight of the Gods (Shade guest stars) CHAPTERS
- Showcase: JSA Reserves: All This and Earth-Two (Shade guest stars) CHAPTERS
- Infinity Inc: Ancient Prophecies and Malcontents (Shade and Starman guest star) CHAPTERS
- Justice Society of America: The Coming Doom (Starman guest stars) CHAPTERS
published August 22, 2001
The Sliders have been traveling through alternate timelines for a long time now, but so far they’ve never encountered a counterpart of Ted Knight, the former Starman — until now. Trapped on a world where the Nazis won World War II, they discover to their horror that this world’s Ted Knight and Maximillian Arturo are the current leaders of the Third Reich. But things are not as they seem. Can the Sliders sort things out before their timer runs down and leaves them stranded in this dark alternate timeline?
- Justice Society of America: Vanity Fair (Play) (Starman guest stars) CHAPTERS
- Junior JSA: The Junior Injustice Society (Shade guest stars) CHAPTERS
published July 5, 2001
The new Starman, David Knight, finds little fun when a sporting event is attacked by Sportsmaster and his youngest daughter, Decathlon!
published August 14, 2001
The new Starman seeks to rescue a missing heiress from a girls’ academy for killers, but is he being duped by a cunning foe? Worse still, can the straight-laced David Knight handle the affections of a super-heroine and a super-villainess at once? Guest starring Blackout and Artemis Crock!
published August 16, 2001
Starman finds himself the only hero in a strange dimension full of villains! Can David Knight trust Artemis and the Enchantress to aid him? Or does the answer lie in finding heroes for this world?
- DC Universe: The Race, Book 2: Parasite (Starman guest stars) CHAPTERS
published August 12, 2001
The career of the promising second Starman, David Knight, comes to a sudden end when he is killed by a sniper’s bullet. But as the teenaged Jack Knight soon discovers, the man behind his brother’s murder is not only the original Starman’s worst enemy, but a man whom the family trusts implicitly! Now Jack must avenge his brother, but must he become the new Starman to do so?
published December 4, 2001
Jack Knight wants to be the new Starman to avenge his brother’s murder, but he’s completely unprepared for the training regimen that Wildcat has in store for him! Meanwhile, Doctor Mid-Nite tries to figure out what the Shade is up to. Guest starring Infinity Inc!
- Justice Society of America: Times Past, 1944: The Incredible Mister Horrific, Epilogue: Times Present (Jack Knight, Matt O’Dare, Shade, and Starman guest star)
published May 10, 2002
Jack Knight has made a lot of progress while training with Wildcat and Infinity Inc. But there’s still one major hurdle he has to overcome before he can become the new Starman: the anger he still feels over the death of his mother at a young age. Can the ghost of Doris Knight soothe her son’s troubled soul?
published July 15, 2002
Jack Knight finally completes his training and returns to Opal City as Starman to avenge his brother’s death at the hands of the Mist! What he finds is a new Mist, the daughter of the original, who seeks revenge of her own on the original Mist! But a stunning revelation promises to change the lives of the Knight family forever! Guest starring Infinity Inc., and introducing the new Star-Spangled Kid!
- Green Lantern: Lanterns and Flame (Shade guest stars) CHAPTERS
- Starman: Stars Be My Destiny, Book 4, Epilogue: Father and Sons (Sliders, Starman, and Star-Spangled Kid guest star)
by Doc Quantum
published March 8, 2001
Jake Bennetti, nicknamed Bobo by the newspapers, was nothing more than a bank robber, a big thug with super-strength who fought a lot of super-heroes in the 1950s and ’60s. But when an opportunity comes by for Bobo to change his stripes, will he take it? Introducing the Goon!
- DC Universe: Fear the Dark (Shade, Star-Spangled Kid, and Starman guest star) CHAPTERS
- All-Star: The Return of Vic Valor, Chapter 1: Getting Started (Starman guest stars)
by Dan Swanson
published December 6, 2005
Four super-heroines and one super-hero — the Huntress, Corona, Insect Queen, the Mighty Isis, and Blackwing — are thrust into a battle extraordinaire when Vic Valor returns from the grave and attacks the JSA Brownstone! But what is behind this golden age hero’s attack on Gotham City? And is this the real Vic Valor? Guest starring Starman, Superman, Hawkman, Doctor Fate, and Bat-Mite! Featuring the debut of Zephyr!
- DC Universe: The Race, Book 3, Chapter 6: An Undercurrent of Evil (Shade guest stars)
- DC Universe: The Race, Book 3, Chapter 11: Recruitment Drive (Shade guest stars)
- DC Universe: The Race, Book 3, Chapter 12: By Any Means Necessary (Shade guest stars)
- Batman Family: The Wedding March, Chapter 13: Diversions (Starman guest stars)
Part 1 of The Quest for Wotan
by Dan Swanson
published October 27, 2008
Vic Valor, alias the Lord of Order named Marnu, is unable to regain his lost power because of an ancient curse set upon him by the Lords of Chaos 100,000 years ago! His only hope is to find and destroy the Lens of Allouche, currently in the possession of Wotan! Vic Valor’s ally in this quest is Jim Chisholm, alias Strobe, who seeks vengeance for Wotan’s destroying his life! But as the two super-heroes set out for space in a spaceship to track down this Lord of Chaos, Wotan makes plans of his own! Thus, when their ship the Tiak Avenger crash-lands on the world of Juneo during a shakedown cruise, Vic Valor and Strobe find themselves in a battle against the voracious, world-spanning jungle that threatens that world! Guest starring Doctor Fate, and introducing Power Boy!
by Dan Swanson, with Drivtaan
published October 1, 2008
When a massive asteroid named Damocles threatens Earth, Green Lantern and Starman head into outer space to divert the danger from above. But as they investigate, the two JSA members are attacked by a few old enemies from the planet Mars who manage to disable their powers! Can Alan Scott and Ted Knight figure out a way to regain control over the power ring and the cosmic rod in time to save the Earth from destruction? Introducing the Lawman of Mars!
- The Jester: Legacy of Laughter (Goon guest stars)
- DC Universe: The Race, Book 4, Chapter 2: Sleepers Exposed (Starman guest stars)
- Justice Society of America: Gifts (Starman guest stars)